Below you can find out about the benefits of joining the eTwinning and Scientix teacher communities! Read below to find out more and register to become a member of these innovative teacher networks with teachers from all across Europe.
JOIN THE ETWINNING COMMUNITY
If you wish to collaborate and work together with teachers all over Europe, eTwinning is the network for you. eTwinning offers a platform for school staff to develop projects together and to be part of the most exciting learning community in Europe.
Currently available in 36 European countries, eTwinning promotes school collaboration through the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by providing support, tools and services for schools. eTwinning Plus is an expansion of the network to 6 other neighbouring countries.
The portal is the main starting point to get to know eTwinning and to learn more about this community. The portal showcases the work developed through eTwinning and provides you with an insight into what eTwinners are doing together across Europe. This multilingual portal, available in 28 languages, has now the involvement of over 5 hundred thousand teachers, 180 hundred thousand schools and 60 thousand projects (statistics from January 2017).
Launched in 2005 as the main action of the European Commission's eLearning Programme, eTwinning has been firmly integrated in Erasmus+, the European programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport, since 2014.
HOW TO GET STARTED
The first thing you need to do in order to get in touch with other eTwinners, exchange ideas and plan future collaborative activities, is to register and create your eTwinning profile.
If you are still unsure about what eTwinning is, just browse through the Portal:
- Read all the latest news coming from the eTwinning world in the highlights page. Here you can have a glimpse into what is going on behind the curtains.
- Explore the eTwinning map where you can find detailed information by country and discover projects. You can also browse schools and find out if yours is already registered!
- If you are interested in setting up a collaborative project, check the Projects page. It contains a selection of the best-practice examples and Project Kits to inspire and guide you when you design and run your own eTwinning project.
- Keep updated on Professional Development opportunities available to all members of the community and progress professionally in eTwinning.
- Contact your National Support Service (NSS) if you want to know more.
MORE REASONS TO JOIN
- Free access! You or your school do not have to pay anything to be a member. eTwinning is supported by the European Union and is offered as a free service for all school staff. Furthermore, in eTwinning there is no bureaucracy. You only have to submit some information about you and your school and that is all you need to start.
- Sense of community. When you join eTwinning, you are part of a community of thousands of colleagues just like you. They all share your interest for a better, dynamic, borderless education and your enthusiasm for European collaboration.
- A safe environment. Every single eTwinner must be connected to a school. This is certified at country level by the National Support Services. Members of eTwinning must comply with a code of conduct: no SPAM and maximum flexibility. No advertisement, no commercials, and no contact from non-educational professionals are guaranteed.
- Recognition for your work. What you do in eTwinning is recognised at national and European level. Good projects can get Quality Labels or win a European Prize. But, most importantly, your European colleagues will see your worth as a creative and innovative teacher.
- Happy pupils. eTwinning projects invariably show that pupils love to connect with peers in other countries, no matter how easy or complex their project is.
JOIN SCIENTIX – THE COMMUNITY FOR SCIENCE EDUCATION IN EUROPE
Scientix, the community for science education in Europe, is a project funded European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme that promotes and supports a Europe-wide collaboration among STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) teachers, education researchers, policymakers and other STEM education professionals.
As a teacher you can:
- Browse through the Scientix resources repository and find inspiration for your classroom;
- Get involved in European STEM education projects via a matching tool;
- Participate in national and European workshops and professional development courses;
- Participate in online training, webinars or communities of practice;
- Get free translation of learning resource materials in the Scientix repository;
- Engage and discuss with other STEM teachers on science and technology subjects and contribute to the Scientix discussion forums and blog;
- Find your Scientix National Contact Point, and contact the Scientix Ambassadors and Deputy Ambassadors in your country or region and get involved in national and local events.