What is the workshop about?
In the first part, participants will learn more about the TASK project (IO1 TASK Framework) and actively contribute to it. The project is developing an online tool for students to self-assess their key competences. Teaching students not only knowledge but also supporting the development of their key competences is seen as vital for their success in today's society and employment market. Still, the assessment of these competences remains a challenge.
Participants will get an introduction to the project’s topic area: key competences and their assessment. Further, they will be able to give direct input to the outline of the tool to be developed. On that basis, they will be able to exchange ideas on how to best support students in self-assessing their key competences.
In the second part, participants will get the opportunity to learn more about European Schoolnet projects in general and how they can participate. They will get a guided tour of European Schoolnet’s Future Classroom Lab, where the workshop will take place. The Future Classroom Lab is a physical space that demonstrates how learning spaces can be easily reorganised to support changing styles of teaching and learning.
All workshop participants will be invited to test the new online self-assessment tool with their students between December 2016 and February 2017.
The participation to the workshop is for free. The workshop language is English. Train tickets to and from Brussels will be reimbursed. Participants will receive a workshop certificate. An official invitation letter can be provided upon request.
Who can participate?
Every Secondary School teacher and Head teacher in Belgium Flanders that is:
- interested in Key Competences in School Education & their assessment
- interested in an overview on learning & training opportunities at European Schoolnet
- with a good level of English
Where to find more information?
- In order to receive more information about the workshop, please fill in a short form here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LHMQK5H
- About the TASK project: http://www.taskeuproject.com/
- Read the workshop information flyer
- For any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org