Join us to discover the newly launched European Film Factory platform that offers an innovative solution to film education by providing free access to teachers and students to a catalogue of 10 European films. During the event, you will join too the debate "Film literacy goes digital: Opportunities and challenges for European cinema & education". In this debate, we link together a variety of speakers and stakeholders to discuss: What can film education bring to the young audiences? How can digital tools contribute?
- Maria-Silvia Gatta, Policy Officer, Communications Networks, Content & Technology, I.3 Unit – Audiovisual Industry & Media Programmes, European Commission
- Elena Maddalena, Communication office, INDIRE – the National Institute for Documentation, Innovation and Educational Research of Italy
- Sabine Genz, Project Manager Publications and Projects, VISION KINO – Network for Film and Media Competences
- Maciej Jakubczyk, Head of Education, Nowe Horyzonty Film Festival
- Ciara Power, EFF Focus Group Teacher, Manor House School, Ireland
The debate will be moderated by Claire Morvan, communication manager of European Schoolnet and will be followed by a Q&A session.
Supported by the MEDIA Creative Europe programme, the European Film Factory is a new initiative aiming to promote film education in Europe. The European Film Factory is run by the Institut français, which has joined forces with two partners at the forefront of digital innovation in schools: ARTE Education and European Schoolnet.Back