In collaboration with the STEM Discovery Campaign 2020, the BLOOM project is inviting primary and secondary school teachers of all subjects to use the bioeconomy materials available in the BLOOM School Box as a way of engaging pupils in school subjects! Teachers can already start organising their lessons and prepare their stories of implementation to be submitted in February 2020!
The competition will reward the most innovative classroom implementations in four different categories of submission:
1. Teaching with bioeconomy in primary schools (individual work);
2. Teaching with bioeconomy in secondary schools' STEM classes (individual work);
3. Integrating Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) teaching with bioeconomy (teams of two STEM teachers of different subjects);
4. Integrating STEM plus any non-STEM subject (known as STEAM) teaching with bioeconomy Integrating STEAM teaching with bioeconomy (teams of up to three teachers of different subjects, including at least one STEM teacher and at least one non-STEM teacher).
What are the next steps?
From November 2019, participants can…
1) Choose which BLOOM School Box resource works well in their classrooms from the BLOOM School Box collection.
2) Think of how they will implement bioeconomy in their classroom and if they will work collaboratively with other colleagues or on their own.
3) Run at least one bioeconomy lesson with their students and think about what evidence they have of their students' engagement following their lesson(s).
The competition is open for submissions from February 2020 to 30 April 2020 at 23:59 Central European Time (CET).
Interested? Don't forget to:
- Check the competition's page for more info
- Read the competition's terms and conditions
- Explore the BLOOM School Box
- Fill in the submission form
The winners of each category will be invited to a teacher training workshop in Brussels, with travel, accommodation and meals covered, and the 20 finalist entries will be published on the School Network page of the BLOOM project!Back