European Schoolnet is looking for 16 teachers to form the European Film Factory Focus Group that will help create pedagogical material based on a film catalogue of 10 European films.
Deadline: 08 November 2019 at 23:59 CET.
What is the European Film Factory?
The European Film Factory is an ambitious EU-funded project that aims to support film literacy by giving teachers and their students (11 to 18 years old) the unique opportunity to participate actively in film education. The project will create an interactive platform with a catalogue of 10 films subtitled in eight languages (English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Spanish and Romanian) that reflect the European identity in its diversity. Teachers and students of lower and upper secondary education in any member state of the Creative Europe sub-programme MEDIA will have free access to the platform and pedagogical material that will allow teachers to create easily film educational lessons. The project is funded by the MEDIA programme of Creative Europe and led by Institut français in collaboration with ARTE Education and European Schoolnet.
What is the role of the Focus Group?
As part of the Focus Group, teachers will be required to work together in a team and:
- attend a two-day training on film education and on how to produce pedagogical material. The workshop will take place in the Future Classroom Lab in March 2020.
- participate in the jury that will select the movie catalogue (this applies to only one member of the Focus Group).
- create collaboratively 10 pedagogical kits based on the film catalogue.
- organise collaboratively online webinars for fellow teachers and students.
- participate and give testimonials during educational events.
- work collaboratively to produce interactive tutorials for the platform under the guidance of Educ'Arte.
- attend online meetings according to the needs of the project.
- You are a teacher in one of the countries participating in the Creative Europe programme that has as official language one of the following eight languages German, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Romanian, Greek or English.
- Your students' age is 11 to 18 years old.
- You have experience in producing learning resources.
- You have an interest in film education and in creating cultural content.
- You have good proven knowledge of English.
What will you gain? You will:
- receive a two-day training on film education.
- have free access to a catalogue of 10 European films subtitled in your mother tongue. Your students will have access too!
- participate in a European project.
- be part of a community interested in film education and deepen your knowledge on film literacy.
Ready to join? Fill in the application form.
Deadline to apply: 08 November 2019 at 23:59 CET.
Do you have a question? Please contact: email@example.com.
You can download the call here.