The 10 pilot teachers teams will help:
- Produce new bio economy teaching resources together with project experts, test these resources in their schools/classrooms and provide feedback.
- Encourage, train and support other teachers and schools to use the project resources, and disseminate the project and the resources in their region.
BLOOM (Boosting European citizens' knowledge and awareness of bio economy) aims to establish open and informed dialogues, co-created by European citizens, the civil society, bio economy innovation networks, local research centres, business and industry stakeholders and various levels of government including the European Commission.
In the context of BLOOM, a series of educational activities are being planned in order to reach the project objectives. European Schoolnet's tasks in BLOOM are to:
- Create bio economy teaching resources for schools (the BLOOM school box), which combine bio economy with different STEM disciplines
- Create a Massive Online Open Course (MOOC) on bio economy meant to train as many teachers as possible on how to use bio economy resources in class
- Organize an interdisciplinary online school competition aiming to reward the most creative and innovative implementation of the bio economy resources
You can find the application form for the teams here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/H8GG9WK
You can also download the complete Call for BLOOM Pilot Teachers here.Back