About European Schoolnet:
Our mission is to inspire and support our ministries of education's members, as well as schools, teachers and relevant education stakeholders in Europe, in the transformation of education processes for 21st century digitalised societies.
We do this by identifying and testing promising innovative practices, sharing evidence about their impact, and supporting the mainstreaming of teaching and learning practices aligned with 21st century standards for inclusive education.
Since its founding in 1997, European Schoolnet has used its links with education ministries to help schools become effective in the pedagogical use of technology, equipping both teachers and pupils with the necessary skills to achieve in the digital society.
Our activities encompass three strategic areas:
- Providing concrete evidence and data in the area of innovation in education on which to base policy recommendations
- Supporting schools and teachers in their teaching practices
- Developing and sustaining a network of schools engaged in innovative teaching and learning approaches
Our main objectives are to:
- Support collaboration & cooperation among schools in Europe
- Support professional development of teachers & school heads
- Offer pedagogical & information services with European added value
- Disseminate good practice & investigate new models for schooling & learning
- Contribute to the development of technology-enhanced learning in schools
- Provide services, content & tools based on ICT to members & partner networks
"Through our activities, we support teachers and school heads in their transformation processes. Technology alone does not transform teaching practices. Any transformation process has to be the result of a strategy and a vision where the heads of school will assert their key role alongside the teaching community as the driving force for change.''
Marc Durando, Executive Director of European Schoolnet