Family internet management tool
European Schoolnet has been working with industry to validate and test a new service called Kaspersky Safe Kids, which aims at a shared family approach to managing internet and mobile phone usage rather than the more traditional "Parental control" approach. Kaspersky Safe Kids helps you find safer ways for your children to explore the digital world. With device usage scheduling, automatic notifications about suspicious activities, GPS safe zones and summaries of what they're searching, seeing and sharing… you can stay connected with your kids and help keep them safe.
The work has focused on three key goals:
- Defining the emerging needs of families as technology plays an ever larger goal in their lives;
- Exploring ways that parents can foster more responsible internet use in their family;
- Promoting family discussion on the online opportunities children and parents can benefit from, the risks they want to avoid and the strategies they would like to see put in place to achieve both.
Your invitation to participate in piloting
A new round of piloting will run from mid-October to end December 2016, for 3 consecutive weeks anytime within this period. This will involve installing the Kaspersky Safe Kids tool on the devices your children use and logging in to the My Kaspersky portal to set up your management criteria. We will also ask piloting families to kindly respond to 3 or 4 questions each week to share their feedback.
Families who complete the 3 weeks piloting will receive free-of-charge a one-year subscription to the Premium version is they wish to keep it installed on their family devices. If they wish, they may also register to receive information from time to time to keep up with the latest trends for young people online. To join the piloting, or
For further information, please contact email@example.com.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
5) Will Kaspersky Safe Kids also work on my children's iPods?
6) Which operating systems are the Kaspersky Safe Kids service compatible with?
7) If my child leaves the “safe” area we have designated, will the child and the parent receive an immediate notification?
8) Are all of the Kaspersky Safe Kids functions available on all devices?
9) How do I know that all of the functions that I have set up are actually working?
10) Kaspersky Safe Kids Videotutorials
In this case the parent could see via My Kaspersky web portal that the device has been disconnected from it for a long time and make an appropriate conclusion.
Yes, you can block virtualization software by adding the particular app into the list of exclusions.
Go to Rules Þ Applications Þ Application exclusions: select Device and Application, press “Add” and choose “Forbidden”.
Only you, as owner of your family’s My Kaspersky account, can see this data. The data is encrypted on a key based on the owner’s password. Even the service administrators don’t have access to the data at your My Kaspersky account.
The Kaspersky Lab tool is compatible with the following Antivirus/Internet Security products:
- Avast 2015 Free Antivirus
- Norton Security 2015
- DrWeb Antivirus for Windows version 10
- McAfee internet Security (the version available at http://home.mcafee.com/store/internet-security )
- AVG AntiVirus 2015
- Kaspersky Lab home products
5) Will Kaspersky Safe Kids also work on my children’s iPods?
No, the Kaspersky Safe Kids service works on iPhone & iPad with iOS 7.0 and above.
For all devices:
- Internet connection required – for product installation, initial setup and updates
Windows-based desktops and laptops
- Approximately 120 MB free space on the hard drive
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 9 or higher
- Microsoft Windows® Installer 3.0 or higher
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 or higher
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise (32-bit or 64-bit1)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / 8.1 update (32-bit or 64-bit1)
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro (32-bit or 64-bit1)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Starter / Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Ultimate SP1 or higher (32-bit or 64-bit1)
- Microsoft Windows Vista® Home Basic / Home Premium / Ultimate SP2 or higher (32-bit or 64-bit1)
- Processor: 1 GHz or higher
- Memory (RAM): 1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional (32-bit) SP3 or higher / Professional (64-bit1) SP2 or higher2
- Processor: 800 MHz or higher
- Memory (RAM): 512 MB
Mac desktops and laptops
- 130 MB free space on the hard drive
- Memory (RAM): 2 GB (minimum requirement for OS X)
- OS X 10.9, 10.10
Android-based smartphones and tablets
- Android™ 3.0 – 5.1
- Minimum screen resolution: 320 x 480
iPhone and iPad
- iOS® 7.0 or higher
Full details on System Requirements are available at www.kaspersky.com. The service may not be available for downloading and activation outside the UK. To use Kaspersky Safe Kids, you will need a free My Kaspersky account registered in the UK. If you already have the necessary My Kaspersky account, you can activate the Kaspersky Safe Kids service.
1 Some product features are only available for 32-bit operating systems.
2 To access the full functionality within Kaspersky Safe Kids on Microsoft Windows XP, please use one of the following browsers: MozillaTM FirefoxTM 31 or higher / Google ChromeTM 36 or higher / Yandex.Browser 14.10 or higher.
7) If a child leaves the area the parent(s) have designated, will the child and the parent(s) receive an immediate notification?
No. There are some limitations depending on platforms. Please see the list of applicable operating systems, or check ‘System Requirements’ at http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/safe-kids
You can check on the devices that all limitations you had set are applied. For example, add in exclusion list some particular web-site with Forbidden option and check that the site can’t be opened on the device.
You can watch the following playlists to learn more about what is Kaspersky Safe Kids and how you can locate your kids online how you can limit the time they spend online and how you can protect them from inappropriate websites.
Any further questions?
Please visit http://support.kaspersky.com/safekids#kb
The following statement explains our policy regarding the personal information we collect about you. By completing the Google doc, you are consenting to the terms and conditions set-out herein.
We are dedicated to respecting the privacy of all users. Our intention is to provide a secure and safe environment for all users. The following statement outlines the policies by which we collect, manage, and use the data provided to us by users, and how users may exercise their rights.
Contact Information for EUN Partnership aisbl (the legal name for European Schoolnet) can be found below.
Use of collected information
Personal information provided by the user or collected during usage of the platform will only be used to:
- Allow registrants to participate in the SafeKids piloting phase to test a new internet family management tool ;
- Allow for the reception of a free-of-charge one-year subscription to the Premium version if they wish to keep it installed on their family devices;
- Contacting you at the end of the free trail to see if you wish to continue the license on a paid basis;
- Contacting you to see if you would like to be involved in other validation exercises, EUN might be involved in.
- Allow for the subsequent reception of messages via social media (optional);
Length of data storage
Personal data provided by users will not be stored by EUN Partnership aisbl in a form allowing the identification of the users for longer than 24 months after registration by the user.
Contacting EUN Partnership aisbl
EUN Partnership aisbl is based in Brussels (Belgium). For any questions related to the platform, including your rights to access, correct and delete your personal information under applicable data protection law, you can contact us:
EUN Partnership aisbl
Rue de Trèves 61